For nurses passionate about providing premier pediatric care, there is no better place than Childrens. Our Magnet-designated facility is growing and hiring registered nurses wholl enjoy autonomy, the respect of our world-class physicians and career advancement opportunities.
% of Time
1. Performs treatments, procedures, and medication / immunization administration in a professional and compassionate manner according to Childrens Physicians policy and procedures.
2. Completes an accurate assessment of physical, mental, emotional, developmental and social conditions when interviewing all patients and families in the office and on the telephone.
3. Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic tests and procedures with the patient /family, other physicians/hospitals and insurance providers as determined by the needs of the patient.
4. Coordinates, provides, and appropriately documents patient and family education.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of and provides care based on age-specific or developmental milestones for infants, toddlers, preschool, school age, and adolescents according to Childrens Physicians protocols
6. Completes all required patient care documentation in an accurate and timely manner within the electronic medical record according to Childrens Physicians policy and procedures.
7. Responds appropriately in crisis situations or life threatening emergencies
8. Directs other team members in the delivery of nursing care as determined by the needs of the office and the direction of the office manager or physicians.
9. Demonstrates proficiency and use of critical thinking skills when performing phone triage.
10. Fulfills expectation of complete and accurate phone documentation by utilizing EMR workflows as directed. Returns phone calls within determined response time ranges.
11. Maintain up to date knowledge and compliance with laboratory standards and guidelines as directed.
12. Promotes and encourages use of Childrens Connect by communicating with parents via online portal whenever feasible.
13. Takes ownership of quality metrics as a reflection of our commitment to continuously improving the quality of care for all patients. Works quality reports as directed, utilizing appropriate established workflows.
14. Maintains clean and professional appearance of exam rooms at all times.
15. Maintains supply and linen levels appropriately.
16. Attends required meetings and educational sessions as directed.
Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical Requirements section
17. Other duties as assigned by Office Manager or Lead RN.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service, organization.
Excellent clinical skills providing direct and indirect nursing care in an office setting.
Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
Ability to type, navigate an electronic system, and adapt to changes in workflows as they occur.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in nursing preferred
Previous pediatric nursing experience preferred
Previous experience with EPIC preferred.
Current and valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Bilingual (English-Spanish) may be required for some personnel.
Non-Violent Intervention Training preferred, every 2 years