Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
At the Vanderbilt Eye Institute, we strive to make life better for adults and children with eye conditions including glaucoma, vision loss and diseases of the retina. We treat patients from across Tennessee and the Southeast. Our doctors, researchers and support staff use the latest technologies and methods, and we conduct vital vision research that translates to better treatments.
The Vanderbilt Eye Institute is a leader in quality eye care. We offer the latest technologies and methods while conducting innovative research to improve patients' lives and prevent vision loss.
We work hard each day because your eyes are important to us.
The Vanderbilt Eye Institute attracts some of the most talented doctors and researchers in the country. Our subspecialty ophthalmologists have completed a minimum of one year of fellowship training after residency and are board eligible or board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Vanderbilt Eye Institute's award-winning research staff collaborates with our doctors as well as other Vanderbilt departments to pursue discoveries that enhance the vision of patients everywhere.
* Assists in developing and meeting key Pillar outcomes and system improvement goals including financial, satisfaction, and clinical as the nursing component of the care coordination model.
* This position Improves outcomes by reducing all cause hospital readmissions and coordinating episodes of care among patients in a defined population or disease process.
* Participates in identification of appropriate patients; encourage patient and family engagement in self-care management; promote warm handovers to the next level of care by providing timely, pertinent information in a standardized way; conduct patient and family education on key elements of the patients' personal care plan by using the "teach-back" methodology and follow up phone calls; and assists the patient in navigating the healthcare system.
This care coordinator assists the ocular plastic surgeons with procedures, triage of patients, MOHS procedures at One Hundred Oaks, responding to in basket and MHAV
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
Graduate of an approved Nursing Program (BSN)
Active Tennessee RN license
5 years of RN experience
RN experience with Ocular Plastics or MOHS Dermatology highly desired
This position is Monday - Friday (Days)
Travel to other clinics may be required
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1913573
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.